- 1 head garlic, 1/4 inch sliced off the top, exposing cloves
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon rough chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon rough chopped fresh parsley
- One 16-inch loaf Italian bread, halved lengthwise (1 pound)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Brush the butter mixture over both sides of the bread. Wrap in foil and bake until crisp and butter is nice and melted, about 15 minutes.