Smoky Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 cup grated smoked Cheddar (one 4-ounce block)
- 1 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese (one 4-ounce block)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- One 2-ounce jar diced pimentos, drained
- Glug hot sauce, such as Texas Pete's
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 pieces sturdy white bread
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Bake the bacon on the baking sheet until crisp, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to cool and drain.
Combine the Cheddar, Gouda, cream cheese, mayonnaise, paprika, green onions pimentos, hot sauce and some salt and pepper in a bowl. Blend together with a hand mixer until creamy and well mixed. Chop the bacon and fold into the mixture.
Spread 1/2 cup pimento cheese between 2 slices of bread and sandwich together. Slice in half. Repeat with remaining pimento cheese and bread.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Lighter and Leaner Pimento Cheese Sandwiches, Sweet and Spicy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Mary's Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Spicy Buffalo Chicken, Pepper Jack and Blue Cheese, Swiss Cheese, Teriyaki Recipes, Main Dish, Cheese Ball Recipes, Turkey Breast Recipes, Cornish Hen Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.