Sweet Potato Souffle
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, baked and still warm
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cubed
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Peel the sweet potatoes and add the flesh to a bowl. Beat in the butter using a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the whisk attachment until well combined. Beat in the cream cheese, brown sugar and eggs, adding one at a time. Taste and add salt and pepper as necessary.
For the topping: Mix together the brown sugar, pecans, flour, butter and bacon in a separate bowl until it looks crumbly.
Add the mixture to a deep-dish pie plate and bake until puffed and golden, 30 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving (the souffle will fall slightly).
Recipe courtesy Jamie Deen
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen