Beef with Soy Sauce and Ginger
- 2 (8 ounce/ 225 gram) sirloin steaks
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pak choy or bok choy (even spinach or any other greens will do)
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 a garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- Olive oil
On a very hot griddle pan, cook your seasoned piece of sirloin steak until medium or to your liking. Place in a plate and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
Now cook your greens in salted boiling water until tender.
While hot, douse with a good couple of tablespoons of soy sauce, and sprinkle with the garlic, ginger, chilli, lime juice and olive oil.
When the greens are cooked, simply divide onto two plates, thinly slice up the sirloin steaks, place on top of the greens and drizzle with any of the infused sauce left on the resting plate.