This makes the perfect accompaniment to any curry vegetarian or meat based. They are very easy to make and the fresh flavors are so much better when you cook it yourself. Give it a go.
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- A pinch ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 knob fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 knobs butter
- 6 potatoes, peeled, parboiled and cut into cubes
- 4 tomatoes, cores removed and flesh diced
- A handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the spices for a few minutes. Add the butter, then the potatoes making sure they are completely coated in the spicy mixture. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, then stir in the tomatoes and the coriander.