Chicken Breast Baked in a Bag
- 2 (7 ounce/ 200 gram) skinless chicken breasts, scored
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 handful dried porcini
- 9 ounces (255 grams) mixed mushrooms (field, oyster, and shiitake), torn up
- 1 large wineglass white wine
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, sliced and cooked
- 3 large knobs (tablespoons) butter
- 1 handful fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Using wide aluminium foil, make a bag by folding 1 large (about 3 feet) piece in half. Brush all four edges with egg wash and fold the foil in half again, creating a double thick bag with a closed end. Fold the side edges over twice, creating two sealed edges; and leaving one side open. Place mixture into the aluminium foil bag, including all the liquid, making sure you don't pierce the foil. Close up the final edge, making sure the bag is tightly sealed and secure on all sides, and carefully slide it on to a roasting tray.
Place the tray on a high heat on the burners for 1 minute to get the heat going, then bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 25 minutes
Remove from the oven, place the bag on a big plate, take it to the table and break open the foil.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Stuffed Chicken Breast in Curry Sauce over Roasted Potatoes and Cauliflower, Chicken Breast Fillets in Root Beer Marinade, Chicken Wings in Garlic Sauce, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Potato Recipes, Chicken Soup Recipes, Potato Soup Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Red Potato
Thank you! your flag was submitted.