- 8 ounces (250 grams) butter, softened
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red chile, finely chopped
- Garlic, finely chopped
- A few sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large white mushrooms
- 1/2 loaf sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch watercress, picked and washed
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C/Gas 6).
Mix the butter with the sun-dried tomatoes, chile, garlic, and thyme leaves. Season and spoon over each mushroom. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until soft.
Cut the sourdough into 8 slices and spread with the Dijon mustard. Lay the watercress over the mustard and top with the baked mushrooms. Cover with the other half of bread, press down firmly, and cut.
Recipe courtesy of Jamie Oliver