This is always a winner if you can find good fresh fruit. The Prosecco gives it a twist.
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 ounces (55 milliliters) water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Grapefruit juice, reserved from grapefruit
- Small handful blueberries
- 4 strawberries, halved
- 2 yellow and red plums, stones removed and cut into 1/8ths
- Small handful raspberries
- 1/2 a pink grapefruit, segmented and juice reserved
- 1/2 orange, segmented
- 1/2 melon, cubed
- 1/4 bottle Prosecco wine, chilled
- Creme fraiche, for serving
Remove the vanilla seeds from the pod and put seeds and pod into a small pan. Add the water, sugar and reserved grapefruit juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer to make a syrup. Put in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
Toss the prepared fruit in the chilled syrup. Spoon onto plates and pour over the chilled Prosecco. Serve with creme fraiche.