Orange and Red Onion Salad
The copyright of this recipe is owned by Jamie Oliver. All rights of the owner are reserved and asserted including the right to be attributed[ as the author. Unauthorized copying, adapting, display or re-publication of this recipe (or any part of this recipe) in any material form is strictly prohibited.]
- Total Time:
- 10 min
- 10 min
- 4 servings
- This is a great little salad that is really summery and tasty. It is delicious served with fried chorizo, Serrano ham and my smashed chick peas to make a great Spanish supper.
- 5 oranges
- 1 red onion, cut in 1/2 and thinly sliced
- A small bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 7 ounces (200 grams) Manchego cheese
Remove the skin and pith from 4 of the oranges, slice across thinly and remove the pips. Arrange on a serving plate then sprinkle over the onion and parsley. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Dress the salad with a couple of squeezes of the remaining orange, then stick a small sharp knife into the cheese and twist to make little chunks. Scatter these over the top of the salad and serve straight away.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay