Seabass with Leeks and Beans in a Bag
- About 10 baby leeks, trimmed and washed
- 2 (6-ounce/170 gram) sea bass fillets
- 1 (14-ounce/400 gram) can cannellini beans, drained and washed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 small handful fresh marjoram or oregano, leaves picked
- 1 small wine glass white wine
- 5 ounces (140 milliliters) heavy cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C/gas 7). Tear off a piece of aluminum foil 5 times as long as your fish, then fold this in half to give you double thickness.
Put the leeks into a pan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, just to soften. Drain and put into a bowl with all the other ingredients, including the sea bass fillets. Mix together, mushing a handful of the cannellini beans to a pulp with your hands. Season well, then place on half of the aluminum foil with all the creamy sauce. Fold the aluminum foil over the fish and seal well on all sides on all sides. Carefully slide the fish onto a roasting tray. Place the tray on the stove over high heat for 1 minute to get the heat going, the bake in the middle of your preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Remove the roasting tray from the oven, place the envelope on a big plate, take it to the table and break open the foil. Feel free to vary the recipe: things like cooked new potatoes, a tablespoon of whole-grain mustard or a couple of handfuls of raw spinach are all good.
Jamie Oliver 2002