- 4 (6 ounce/170g) salmon fillets, skinned
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 baby courgettes (zucchini), sliced lengthways
- 4 yellow courgettes (summer squash), roughly chopped (if not available, use green courgettes)
- Pinch Maldon sea salt
- 2 good handfuls thin asparagus
- 200g (about 7 ounces) rocket (arugula)
- 2 lemons, halved
For the dressing:
- Large handful of fresh thyme, leaves picked
- Maldon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
Season the salmon fillets and lightly drizzle them in olive oil. Season the courgettes and asparagus with salt.
Heat a griddle pan (or, ideally, use a barbecue) and, when very hot, sear the salmon and vegetables until nicely char-grilled. This should only take a few minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, make your dressing. In a pestle and mortar, bash the thyme with a pinch of salt until nicely bruised (or you can finely chop the thyme if you don?t own a pestle). Pour in the olive oil and lemon juice and stir.
Remove the salmon and vegetables from the heat. Toss the vegetables with the rocket, drizzle with the dressing and serve with the salmon. Finish off with a bit more dressing drizzled over the salmon. Serve with half a lemon. Lovely.