- Good handful thyme, leaves left on stalks
- Pinch cumin seeds
- Small handful fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, skin left on
- Pinch Maldon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and chopped
- 8 (8 ounce) sirloin steaks
In a pestle and mortar, smash up the thyme, cumin seeds, oregano, garlic, and salt. Using your fist, bash the steaks to make them slightly thinner and larger. Add the olive oil and lemon zest to the spicy rub and smear this into each steak.
The steaks can marinate for 20 minutes to 8 hours. Fry the steaks in a pan, the time will obviously depend on how you like your steak.
Make sure you let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before you serve them, they will be much juicier.