Denise's Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons mulling spices
- 1 teaspoon minced orange peel
- 1/2 cup Dutch cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 -ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Serving suggestion: Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Mint, for garnish
Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, cover and let steep for 15 minutes. Strain out the solids and return the liquid to a clean saucepan over low heat. Add the cocoa powder and corn syrup and whisk until smooth. Simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the chopped chocolate and stir until melted. Cool to room temperature. May be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Drizzle over vanilla bean ice cream and garnish with mint
Thank you! your flag was submitted.