Moroccan Chicken Skewers with Herb Sauce
- For the chicken:
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 (8-inch) wooden skewers, soaked 1 hour
- For the Herb Sauce:
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
For the Chicken:
Combine all of the spices, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add the cubed chicken and toss to coat. Put the chicken on the skewers and lay on the grill. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, turning often so that the spices don't burn, about 10 to 12 minutes. Arrange on a serving platter and serve with the Herb Sauce.
For the Herb Sauce:
Add the fresh herbs, spices, salt, lime juice, and honey to a blender carafe. Blend to combine and with the motor running, slowly add the olive oil. Once combined, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary, and transfer to a serving bowl.
Recipe courtesy of Janet Johnston