Janette's Chili Lite-Bites
- 1/2 cup red kidney beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can reduced-fat crescent roll dough
- 1/4 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the crescent roll dough and cheese.
Press 2 crescent-roll triangles together and roll them out to make a rectangle about 5 by 4 inches. Cut crosswise into 3 even pieces. Repeat with remaining dough to make a total of 12 pieces.
Spoon a little of the bean mixture onto the center of each piece of dough and top with a little cheddar. Fold the dough around the filling and pinch the ends together to seal.
Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until browned, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.