Janette's Drunken-Pig Home-Fries
- 8 ounces light kielbasa
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups quartered mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
Put the kielbasa and beer in a large skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat slightly and simmer, piercing the kielbasa a few times with a fork, for 7 minutes. Set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, onions, bell peppers and potatoes and cook, stirring and adding a little of the beer from the sausage as needed, until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Cut the kielbasa into 1/4-inch-thick rounds and stir into the potato mixture along with the barbecue sauce. Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.