Janette's Jerk Monkfish Stir-Fry
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons dry jerk seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds monkfish fillet, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple (1/2 to 3/4-inch pieces)
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 cups red bell pepper strips (1 1/2 by 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cups diced fresh mango (1/2 to 3/4-inch pieces)
- 1 cup carrot strips (1 1/2 by 1/4-inch pieces)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Serving suggestion: cooked wild rice
Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pineapple and cook, shaking the pan, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Repeat with the snow peas, followed by the red peppers, mango and carrot (cook for 3 to 4 minutes), placing the ingredients in the bowl as they're done and adding another teaspoon of oil, if needed.
Remove the monkfish from the marinade and pat dry. Wipe out the skillet with paper towels, taking care as the pan is very hot. Heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook, shaking the pan from time to time, until nicely browned and just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Return the vegetable-fruit mixture to the pan with the fish and cook, stirring gently just to combine, until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately over wild rice.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.