Janette's Oatmeal Cookie-Fruit Pizza
- Cookie Crust:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 4 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup canned sliced peaches packed in light syrup, strained
- 1/2 cup strawberries, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1 medium banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
To make the cookie crust: Cream the butter, honey, and brown sugar together in a mixing bowl.
Add the egg white and combine. Mix in the applesauce and vanilla.
Spread the batter on a 12-inch nonstick pizza pan or line a baking sheet with parchment paper into a 12-inch circle. Bake until lightly browned, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
To make the topping: In a mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese with the apple juice concentrate and lemon zest until light and creamy.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the rim. Arrange the fruit over the top. Slice into wedges with a pizza cutter and serve.
Cook's Note: For maximum effect, when bringing this dessert to a friend's house, put it in an actual pizza box.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse