Janette's Peanut Brittle Pork Satay with Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 peanut crunch candy bar, finely crushed (recommended: Planters Peanut bar)
- 2 ounces fat free pretzels, finely ground (about 1/3 cup)
- Special equipment: wooden skewers soaked 1 hour ahead
To make the satay: Combine all ingredients except the pork and pour into a shallow, nonreactive dish. Cut the pork tenderloins across into 2-inch-thick pieces. Pound each piece until very thin and even. Place in the dish and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
To make the sauce: Stir all ingredients except peanut crunch candy bar and pretzels until smooth. Place in a serving bowl. Combine peanut crunch candy bar and pretzels and place in a separate serving bowl.
Remove the pork from the marinade, pat dry and cut into 1 1/2-inch thick strips. Thread onto the skewers. Light a grill or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the skewers until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Serve immediately, with the sauce for dipping. Have guests first dip satay in sauce and then in crunch bar and pretzels.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.