Jap Chae (Stir Fried Glass Noodles with Vegetables)
- 1/2 pound Asian vermicelli noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup dried wood ear mushrooms
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound spinach, stems discarded
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Heat a large pan. Add 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Add the onion, carrot, red bell pepper, scallions, mushrooms, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Let cook for a few minutes, stirring, until the vegetables are cooked but still a little crisp. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl. To the pan add 1 more tablespoon sesame oil. Add the noodles, spinach, salt and pepper. Let cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring. Add to the vegetables with 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds and combine.
Transfer to a platter. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.