Jasmine Rice Salad with Snap Peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 5 cups water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound snow peas, blanched and shocked
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
Heat the oil in a large saucepan until almost smoking. Add the onions and cook until soft. Add the garlic, cumin, nutmeg, coriander and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the rice and coat with the oil and spices. Add the water, bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat, cover the pot and cook for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and fold in snow peas, carrots and parsley. Serve at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.