Homemade Hot Giardiniera
- 1/4 cup table salt
- 1 cup small-diced carrots
- 1 cup tiny cauliflower florets
- 4 to 8 serrano peppers, sliced (depending on heat level desired)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine 2 cups water and the salt in a glass or non-reactive bowl. Mix until the salt is dissolved. Add the carrots, cauliflower, serranos, garlic, celery and bell pepper to the salt water and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Day 2, drain and rinse the vegetables. In a clean bowl, mix together the oil with the oregano and pepper. Add the vegetables and mix to combine. Allow to marinate overnight. Giardiniera will only get better with time. After 2 days at the most in the bowl, you can place in air-tight mason jars and keep in the fridge for at least 2 to 3 weeks.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.