- 12 ounces tomato juice
- Juice of 6 limes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 dashes fish sauce
- 6 dashes hot sauce, such as Cholula
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 4 bottles dark Mexican beer, such as Negra Modelo
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Serving suggestion: pork
In a blender, combine the tomato juice, lime juice, Worcestershire, fish sauce and hot sauce, and blend until smooth.
Mix the salt, chili powder and cilantro, and coat the rim of 4 glasses. Fill the glasses with ice.
Fill each glass one-quarter full with the tomato mixture, and then fill the remainder with the beer. Give it a light stir and serve with a lime wedge and a platter of pork.