- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups French vanilla ice cream
- 4 ounces raspberry liqueur, such as Chambord
- Raspberry Liqueur Coulis, recipe follows
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
Puree the milk and malt powder in a blender. Add the ice cream and liqueur. Blend until smooth and desired consistency is reached. Swirl around some Raspberry Liqueur Coulis on the inside of each glass. Pour the shake into each glass. Garnish with a dusting of malt powder and a couple raspberries. Do not operate heavy machinery while enjoying this malt.
Raspberry Liqueur Coulis:
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon (2 teaspoons)
- 4 tablespoons raspberry liqueur, such as Chambord
Add 1/4 cup water, the raspberries, sugar and lemon zest in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook down, about 10 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and cool. Puree the mixture in a blender and strain into a small bowl, discarding any solids. Add the liqueur and mix to incorporate. Yield: 1 cup.