Spring Pasta Salad
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 12 ounces cavatappi pasta, cooked to package instructions and shocked under cold water
- 4 ounces asparagus, blanched and thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 box frozen peas, defrosted
- One 12-ounce jar roasted yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- Ricotta salata, for garnish
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic, lemon zest and juice, and season with salt and pepper.
For the pasta: Toss the pasta with the asparagus, peas, roasted peppers, tomatoes, shallots and dill. Pour the dressing over the salad, tossing to coat. Let the salad hang out for a bit to soak up all of the flavor.
When ready to serve, bowl it up and shave some ricotta salata over the top to seal the deal.
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Mauro