Sweet, Spicy and Salty Candied Nut Mix
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup blanched whole almonds
- 1/2 cup whole cashews
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup whole pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, roughly chopped
Melt the butter and sugar in a large skillet over medium heat and add the salt. Add the almonds, cashews, peanuts, pecans, chili powder, cinnamon, cumin and cayenne. Cook until the sugar is melted and the nuts are fragrant, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the rosemary and toss. Immediately spread the nut mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cool completely, and then serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.