Smoked Paprika Open Face Lasagna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound Mexican chorizo sausage, removed from casing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed Italian tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika, divided
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup grated manchego cheese
Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a wide pot over medium-high heat. Once hot add the chorizo, ground beef onion, and garlic. Using a spatula, break up the meat as small as you can as it browns. Saute until dark brown, about 10 minutes.
Add the red wine and simmer until the wine is reduced by half, about 1 minute.
Stir in the tomatoes, 2 tablespoons smoked paprika, panko, heavy cream, and salt. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to very low, and cook for 15 minutes.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the lasagna noodles and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Put 1 lasagna noodle on each of 4 plates. Spoon the meat mixture over the pasta and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle on about 1/8 of the parsley and grated manchego. Lay another lasagna noodle on top. Sprinkle with more parsley and manchego over the second noodle and dust with remaining 1 tablespoon smoked paprika. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.