Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with Lemon And Saffron
- 2 medium onions, 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and quartered
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt, pepper
- 10 to 12 blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoon water
- Pinch saffron
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley, with stems
Using a heavy casserole with a cover, saute the onions in the olive oil over low heat, covered, about 20 minutes. Uncover, add garlic and the artichokes, and increase heat. Continue to saute for a few more minutes. Add the chicken broth and salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Grind the almonds in a spice grinder and mix with the water. Whisk the mixture into the soup along with with saffron strands and the lemon juice. Reheat, sprinkle parsley on top, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.