Jicama and Watermelon Salad
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 2 oranges, peeled, segmented
- 1 piece jicama, peeled, cut into matchstick size pieces
- 1 wedge red seedless watermelon, peeled, cut into batons
- 12 nicoise olives, pitted, halved
- 2 teaspoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup citrus-cumin vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- Small handful edible flowers
Remove outer, dark green leaves from the heads of butter lettuce. For each salad use to 2 to 3 leaves of lettuce to make a cup. Around the butter lettuce cup arrange 3 points of orange segments. Inside the cup, place jicama, watermelon, olives, feta cheese, and cranberries. When ready to serve finish the salad with the vinaigrette, sunflower seeds, and edible flowers.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Frisee Salad with Spiced Walnuts, Pears, Farmhouse Cheddar, and Port Vinaigrette, Orange and Grapefruit Salad with Coriander and Black Olives, Bacon-Watercress Salad, Shrimp Salad Recipes, Salmon Salad Recipes, Cobb Salad Recipes, Couscous Salad Recipes, Broccoli Salad Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes