Joan Roca Veal Tartar
- 3 ounces veal
- About 1/4-ounce tender onions
- About 1/4-ounce capers
- About 1/4-ounce Worcestershire sauce
- About 1/4-ounce hot sauce
- About 1/4-ounce mustard
- About 1/3-ounce mayonnaise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Clean and tenderize the veal. Then cut the veal as thinly as possible and put in a bowl. Dice the onions and the capers, making sure to extract any extra juices so that they do not mix in with the veal. Add the diced capers and onions to the bowl. Next, add a couple of drops of Worcestershire sauce and a couple of drops of hot sauce. Add the mustard, the mayonnaise and the pepper. Mix altogether. Fill a round mold with the veal tartar and garnish with a dollop of mustard cream.
You may substitute the veal for steak, however also substitute the mayonnaise with an egg in order to avoid digestive problems.