Joan Rombauer's Beef Brisket with Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- 2 beef briskets, approximately 5 pound each, trim the fat
- 4 to 6 (14-ounce) cans beef broth
- Spicy Barbecue Sauce, recipe follows
- Spicy barbecue sauce:
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2/3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium onions diced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the briskets in a large roasting pan. Add enough beef broth to cover briskets by a minimum of 1 inch. Cover the roasting pan and cook 3 to 4 hours until fork inserts easily into meat.
During the last hour of cooking reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. You will notice that the beef broth has been reduced and the top of the brisket is visible. Pour the "Spicy Barbecue Sauce" on the top and continue baking until done. Check the brisket approximately every 20 minutes. Serve briskets with pan juices over mashed potatoes.Spicy barbecue sauce:
Combine ingredients and add to beef brisket during the last hour of cooking.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.