Julienne of Winter Root Vegetables
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into fine julienne
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled, cored and cut into 2 x 1/4inch julienne
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2 x 1/4inch julienne
- 8 ounces peeled white turnip, cut into 2 x 1/4 inch julienne
- Salt, sugar and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 large lime
Uncover skillet, raise heat, add lime juice and evaporate all liquid until vegetables are slightly syrupy and glazed. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.