This is completely gratuitous, but completely tasty. This is a slightly more elegant way to get your pizza fix while you yell at the TV.
- 24 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 7 tablespoons evoo
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces pepperoni, sliced thin
- Pitas, cut in to points, lightly toasted
Pulse the heck out of everything except the tomato sauce, pepperoni and pita, scraping the bowl to ensure even mixing. Shape this mass as you'd like. Make some wells on top. Put the tomato sauce in the wells. Shingle the pepperoni around the exterior. Serve with pita points.