Kahuku Corn Smashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 3/4 cups milk
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Place the potatoes in a pot. Cover with water and add the salt. Bring to a boil and cook until tender. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small skillet and saute the onion, cumin and garlic until the onion is translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the corn and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the milk and simmer for 1 or 2 minutes, the season with salt and pepper.
Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain. Mash the potatoes and add the corn mixture. Serve hot, garnished with cilantro.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.