- 5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white or yellow miso
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces dried Chinese plain or somen noodles, cooked according to package instruction
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup green beans, blanched
- 2 ounces arugula or other baby lettuce (about 2 1/2 cups loosely packed)
- 1/4 cup, loosely packed, roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 papayas, halved, peeled, and seeded, optional
In a small non-reactive bowl, whisk together rice wine vinegar, miso, and sesame oil until well combined. Set aside.
In a medium size bowl, combine chicken, noodles, tomatoes, green beans, arugula or other salad greens, and cilantro. Drizzle miso vinaigrette over salad and toss until evenly coated. Taste and adjust seasoning. If using papayas, place half a papaya on each of 4 plates. Divide salad evenly among papaya halves or serve in cool Asian-style bowls if you're entertaining.