- 1 pound penne rigate pasta
- 4 ounces bacon, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds zucchini, (about 2 large), diced
- 1/2 to 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 3/4 cup very loosely packed, finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Coarse salt and cracked black pepper
In a large saute pan, add the bacon and cook until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crispy. Add the zucchini and cook until it starts to soften. Place the cooked pasta over low heat. Add the reserved pasta water, cooked bacon, zucchini and the grated cheese. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.