- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, plus 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 1/4 pound flank steak
- 1 tablespoon light sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 jalapeno, grated
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 cups Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 6 to 8 pita wraps, warmed
In a plastic re-sealable bag, combine black pepper, salt, paprika, cumin, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, allspice, 2 teaspoons of ginger, and the chopped parsley. Add flank steak and coat evenly. Seal bag and refrigerate for 1 to 12 hours.
Grill for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow meat to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add cabbage and carrot and toss until heated through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and add cilantro.
Combine sliced flank steak and cabbage slaw and serve on warm pita wraps.