Baked BBQ Chicken
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 chicken, cut into 10 pieces, backbone removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Neutral oil, for oiling grill grates
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (your favorite store-bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a grill to medium-high heat.
Brush the grill with oil. Place the chicken skin-side down on the grill and cook for 5 minutes. Turn and cook an additional 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish in a single layer.
In a medium bowl, stir together the BBQ sauce and chicken broth. Pour the sauce over the chicken and cover the baking dish tightly with foil. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and fork-tender, an additional 40 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Katie Lee