Kauai Prawns, Mango and Hearts of Palm Salad
- 12 Kauai prawns, about 1 1/2 pounds, peeled
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sambal
- Hawaiian sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/2 fresh vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons mango puree
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 8 ounces fresh hearts of palm, peeled, diced and sauteed
- 1 Maui mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 pound baby arugula, washed
- 1 -ounce micro greens
- 12 edamame beans, blanched and shucked
- 1 tomato, peeled and diced
- 4 Kauai prawn heads, seasoned and fried
For the Dressing:
Split a vanilla bean lengthwise remove the seeds and put in a small bowl. Add the mango puree and start whisking in the grape seed oil and rice vinegar. Add the ginger, salt, and pepper.
Place a 3-inch ring mold in the center of each plate. Place about 2 ounces of the diced hearts of palm in the ring mold and press down. Next add about 3 to 4 tablespoons of diced mango, press down. Top with 5 pieces of the cut prawns seasoned side up. Place the arugula and micro greens in a bowl, add a little dressing, salt, pepper and toss together. Carefully remove the ring molds. Top each 1 with some of the greens. Pour some of the dressing around the plate and garnish with the edamame beans, diced tomatoes and 1 fried shrimp head for each plate.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.