- 2 pounds ground buffalo meat
- 1 (8 ounce) can green chiles, drained and diced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more, for seasoning
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 red pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, and julienned
- Famie's Simple and Spicy BBQ Sauce, recipe follows
Preheat an outdoor grill or broiler.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the buffalo meat, chiles, cayenne, cumin, and salt until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Form the meat mixture into 4 large patties. Place the patties on the grill and cook until desired temperature. Season the burgers with salt and pepper to taste and place on hamburger buns. Top with roasted red peppers and Famie's Simple and Spicy BBQ Sauce.
Famie's Simple and Spicy BBQ Sauce:
- 1 (4 ounce) can chipotles in adobo sauce, pureed
- 8 ounces your favorite smoky BBQ sauce
In a small bowl, blend the two ingredients together. Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 12 ounces sauce