- 2 cups red wine, Cabernet Sauvignon is suggested
- 3 cups olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon quince paste
- 1 tablespoon ground wattleseed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Place your choice of meat in the marinade and let marinate for 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the thickness of the meat. Remove meat from marinade and cook using desired cooking method.
Chef's Note: Emu, ostrich, or beef is suggested to use with this marinade. Also, wattleseed may be purchased online.