- 12 sea scallops
- 12 thin slices smoked duck breast
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, 3 to 4 inches in length
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup julienned leek
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned shiitakes
- 1/2 cup julienned red peppers
- 2 ounces sunflower oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
Wrap each scallop, around the width, with a slice of the smoked duck, and skewer 3 scallops on each rosemary sprig. Season the scallops by sprinkling them with the salt and pepper.
In another hot saute pan with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sear the rosemary-skewered scallops. To brown the scallops on both sides, cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Be careful to not overcook the scallops, because they will get chewy.
On each plate, place a spoonful of wilted vegetables, and then place two skewers on top of the vegetables. Drizzle the infused sunflower oil around plate. For the garnish, sprinkle with lemon zest and chopped chives around the plate.