Kickoff Kebabs (Beef or Chicken)
- 5 pounds top or bottom round beef, cut into 1-inch cubes or
- 5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 large yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 12-inch squares
- 1 large onion, cut into 2-inch squares
- 24 large mushrooms, stems removed
- 12 metal or wood skewers
- Tip:If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them for a few hours,
- So they will not burn on the grill.
In large shallow container or large sealable plastic bag, combine meat, beer and wine. Refrigerate overnight. Prepare vegetables and place in plastic bags overnight. On each skewer, alternate meat with a piece of pepper, onion, and mushroom. Repeat until each skewer is full.
Grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, for a total of 15 minutes. Brush with any remaining marinade, to prevent the skewers from sticking to the grill.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.