Kobe Beef Sliders
- 1 pound high quality ground Kobe beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 12 small rolls sliced in 1/2 (recommended: Hawaiian sweet rolls)
- Sliced cheese of your choice (see Cook's Note)
- Micro greens, for garnish
- Condiments of your choice
Start up your grill and make sure it's hot.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl add the beef, seasonings, and shallots. Mix the meat with your hands, thoroughly incorporating the seasoning and shallots. Form the meat into small-sized patties. Put the mini-patties on the grill and cook through, giving it about 2 to 3 minutes per side. In the last 2 minutes of grilling, top each patty with a slice of cheese and allow it to start melting. When the cheese has melted, remove the patties from grill. Put the patties on the bottom half of the bun, garnish with micro greens, and lean the top half of the bun on the side of the slider, exposing the greens, for presentation purposes. Serve hot with condiments on the side.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
If giving to your dog, go with a mild cheese