Kona Coffee Kebabs
Recipe courtesy Bill and Lianne Magness
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 14 min
- 20 min
- 24 min
- 30 min
- 4 servings
- 2 cups Kona coffee, strong brew
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 pounds beef loin strips, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch squares
- 20 cherry tomatoes
For the Marinade: Combine all of the ingredients, except cornstarch and water, in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl to make a slurry. Add the slurry to the mixture and stir well. Bring back to boil and cook for 5 minutes. Let cool.
Combine the beef and the marinade and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Preheat a grill.
Skewer beef cubes, red bell peppers, red onion and cherry tomatoes. Skewer each item separately as cooking times vary. Barbecue over low heat, turning and basting with marinade for 20 to 30 minutes or until done.