Korean BBQ Beef Skewers
- 1 (3 pound) beef tenderloin trimmed and sliced to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoons nam pla
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
Heat a grill pan over high heat for 2 minutes and place the beef slices onto the surface for 1 minute per side. Remove immediately and set aside
Whisk the hoisin, ketchup, barbecue sauce, nam pla, soy sauce, ginger, vegetable oil, scallions and cilantro together in a large bowl. Add the grilled beef and refrigerate at least 1 hour to let the flavors blend.
Remove from the refrigerator and thread one piece of beef onto a 6" bamboo skewer. Repeat with the remaining beef, set onto a decorative platter and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Recipe courtesy Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh
Recipe courtesy of Paul Young