- 2 1/2 cups dry cider
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (8-ounce) cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (5-ounce) cucumber
- 2 hard boiled eggs, separated, whites sieved, yolks crumbled
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped dill
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- Freshly ground salt, to taste
- Freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons tarragon wine vinegar
- 4 slices lean bacon, cut against grain into 1/8-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter
- 4 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Place a large bowl on crushed ice. Pour cider and sour cream into bowl and combine. Add chicken, cucumber, egg whites and yolks. Add dill and scallion, salt and white pepper. Finally, add tarragon vinegar to taste. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
For garnish: Fry bacon in butter for 1 minute. Add bread and cook until crisp and brown. Toss in parsley to coat.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.