Lamb Chops with Anise
- 6 rib lamb chops, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or garlic puree
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lower the heat and cook, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes depending on how well you like your chops done. Turn the chops occasionally while they cook. Remove them to a plate and set aside; discard almost all of the fat. Add garlic, anise seeds, balsamic vinegar, sugar and 2 tablespoons water. Scrape up juices and reduce until syrupy. Off heat, stir in 2 tablespoons butter and season to taste with salt and pepper; spoon over chops.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.