Lamb Chops with Olive Salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- two 1 inch thick rib lamb chops (about 1 pound total)
- 1/4 cup Kalamata or other brine cured black olives, pitted and chopped coarse
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
On a plate, stir together oregano, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon oil. Dip both sides of lamb chops in mixture to coat and put on rack of a broiling pan, seasoning both sides of chops with salt and pepper.
Broil lamb chops 2 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium rare meat.
Spoon olive salsa over lamb chops.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.