- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 pound lamb leg, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound smoked applewood bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ounces fresh sage, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for sauteing
- Special Equipment: ice pop sticks
Toast the coriander seed and mustard seed in a small, dry saute pan over low heat until fragrant. Place the toasted seeds in a spice grinder and grind to a powder. Place lamb, pork, and bacon in a large bowl. Add all herbs and seasonings and toss to combine well.
Grind the meat in a meat grinder with a medium die and then chill overnight.
Wrap 1 tablespoon of ground meat around the end of an ice pop stick. Repeat until all meat is used. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Saute lollipops, in batches, until meat is cooked through, about 2 minutes on the first side and 1 minute on the other side. Serve hot.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Two Urban Licks